Aug. 18 - Brittany Moore's birthday
Aug. 21- Kelly Darra's birthday and Monte and Jeri Moore's anniversary
Aug. 29 - Abigail Moore's birthday
Aug. 31 - Mom (Jeri Moore's) birthday
Sep. 1 - Liz Dykman's birthday and Rachel Hofhine's bday
Sep. 7 - Mom (Susan Dykman's) birthday and Parker Moore's birthday
Sep. 19 - Lisa Dykman's Birthday
Sep. 23 - Matt Dykman's Birthday
Sep. 27 - Nate Moore's Birthday
August and September are very popular months to be born in our families! We love you all; sorry if we missed you and please let us know so we can add you to our calendars!
Matt and Patrick posing in front of the sweet gifts Matt gave me for my birthday.
This Monday was my birthday. When I woke up in the morning, I went to work out for an hour, and when I came home, Matt had flowers set out on the table for me, a thoughtful card, romantic music playing and a willow tree statue (above). He also gave me a soft warm throw blanket and put a note on it that said it was a hug from him in case he ever is there to give me a real one. He is such a sweet, kind man and I feel so blessed to have him in my life. He cleaned up in the house and did the dishes on my day too and this made it even extra special. I love him so very much and could never ask for a better man for me. He is so helpful with Patrick as well and a wonderful father for him. I am sure he will grow up wanting to be just like his daddy.
Something else that we did on my birthday for a little adventure, was that we looked up on the internet all the different places you can get free stuff for your birthday and went around to some of the places here in town. For those of you who have birthdays coming up, be sure to get a free Signature Creation at Cold Stone, free movie at Hollywood Video, free Fh'zookie at Firehouse Pizza. A few other places that we didn't go to, but that we learned about were Red Robin, where you can get a free Hamburger, IHOP-a free meal and Golden Corral- where you can also get a free meal. Yeah, we agree were cheap to be capitalizing on free birthday stuff, but we're poor college kids right now and we have fun on our little creative adventures.
Last weekend we had so much fun visiting Paul and Heather Moore in Provo Utah. Abigail had her first birthday while we were there as well and that was so much fun seeing her and Samantha and how big they have both grown. We love the Moore's so much and are so happy we were able to spend some time with them.
When we were in Provo we were also able to go to Matthew's Ohio Mission Reunion. I really enjoyed meeting all of his old companions that I had previously heard stories about and both of his old mission presidents were there as well.
Samantha, Abigail and Patrick playing with their daddies.
Patrick in his little jacket and with his bunny.
6 comments:
Birthdays are the greatest! And hey, there's nothin' wrong with free stuff. I did the starving college student thing for a long time....oh wait! I graduated five months ago and I'm STILL doing it! AUGH! Don't worry, I think it ends.....Patrick is so cute!
Heather
Thanks for the updates. We love you guys so much. We have a little gift for Liz when we see you all again. Have a wonderful day.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! How'd you find out about all the free stuff?
Hey Liz, hopefully you remember me from high school. I came across your blog through Lanelle's. Your family is so beautiful. It's so crazy to see where we're all at now, with families & kids, when high school doesn't seem that long ago!
Tag, you're it! Check out my blog for further instructions mwah ha ha!
Those are some beautiful children!
Post a Comment