I happened to get a job at the school Liz taught at last year at Thomas Edison Charter School. They had been looking for someone to teach a small group of 7th grade kids math, and they called me one day (I had turned in an application for fun at the end of the last school year) and asked if I still wanted to do it. Well, I thought it would be fun and plus I have always thought it would be fun to teach math somewhere later down the road, so this would be good to have on my resume. I'm still working at Bearnson & Peck as their IT tech guy, but on a much more part time basis, like when they need me or when I am able to come in. I still enjoy it a lot, though it is challenging from time to time, but thats good. I teach 10 7th graders and they are a fun bunch, chatty, but fun.
School starts off for me on Monday and I am very excited. I have five classes, so if we weren't busy already, this will top it all off wonderfuly. I got permission to take a Junior Engineering class early so I am sure it wont be a cakewalk.
We feel good about all the things happening and we know this is what we're supposed to do, and when you know it's right you just move forward, do it, and enjoy it! That's how we like to do things here. It'll be crazy, but it will be fun to look back and see all the fun things we did when we were poor and in college.
Patrick has been such a wonderful addition and blessing in our home. He is such a happy baby! (except when he's hungry and on his tummy, thats about all).
He's been awfully smiley, giggly, talkative, and very expressive. We took him to the pool the other day and he LOVED it! He just kicked around smiling all giddily like "Look at me, I'm cute AND in the water!" He kept making these little coo talking noises in the middle of it, almost like little happy grunts. It was quite cute.
It's been easier and easier to get smiley pictures of him because he smiles so much. When he was first born (not too long ago) he would fuss like crazy when you changed his clothes, change his diaper, or sneeze. Now those are like his favorite things and gets all hyper and smiley, it quite cute. It's almost like he's ammused by his own cuteness. We know we are. Who wouldn't?!
Huis cries are becoming more sophisticated with different nuances in pitch and variety, and very much pronunciated; for example: "Guh wah!" or our favorite "Guh nah!", or the ever-popular "Wahh!" or even his bleeting sheep impression "Bahh!", or a combination of any of the previous such as "Gwah nah!" or "Buh gwah!" As you can see, his vocabulary is growing extensively.
3 comments:
back to school. Such a wonderful time of the year isn't it? Yeah you guys ARE busy! I can't believe this isthe first time in like seventeen years that it's been back to school time and I'm actually not going this time. Kinda weird.
Heather
YAY!! I love reading your guys blog! It makes me so happy :)
Sounds like things are going well for you guys. Hey, I'm going to be up in Logan this weekend (Saturday and Sunday) and wondered if you would want to go to lunch or something. It would be great to see you since I haven't for, what, 5 years?!?! Email me at ashmiller07@gmail.com and let me know. Hey, I tagged you on my blog so go check it out!
Post a Comment