Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Patrick Matthew Dykman is here at last!






Matthew and I are so happy that our baby boy has come at last! His name will be Patrick Matthew Dykman and he was born on June 5, 2008 here in the Logan Regional Hospital. He was 7 lbs. 4 oz., 21 inches and of course as his mother, I think he is absolutely perfect. Patrick came to us early on the doctors request that I be enduced, because of pre-eclamsia symptoms; and I have to say that I couldn't be more pleased that it is all over with. His due date was June 18, and who knows, if I hadn't gone in early, I could still be anticipating labor. We are so happy he is here.
He is a very good little baby and he really doesn't cry a whole lot unless he is hungry. Oh,.. or if he has hiccups. He gets really mad about that; and I think this is funny because in the womb he would get hiccups quite a lot as well and kick me hard in the ribs whenever they came. It's funny how those things are still the same. Also, how he likes to be awake in the middle of the night and sleep all through the day. It was also like this when he was inside of me.
We have had so much fun this whole week seeing family that have come from Layton and Boise to see our little Patrick. They have all been such a great help and we are so happy that everyone could share in the experience that we are having with our new baby. Patrick should feel very loved because of all the people that he will come to know who will love him and be a part of his life.
I have also loved seeing Matthew with Patrick and what a great father he is. He is a natural! He is such a big help in getting Patrick changed, burped and dressed and bringing him to me so I can nurse him during the night. I am so grateful for my sweet husband and new baby boy. I just couldn't be happier.

9 comments:

Patrick and Jennie said...

He is darling! Congrats! Good name! :)

Dykman Family said...

Congrats! Welcome to the world of parenting. It's a blast.

Charity Brown said...

Yay for you guys!!! He's beautiful!!!

Suzie Koskella said...

Congrats on your sweetheart! He is so cute! Being a parent is wonderful!! :)

Mallory said...

I saw on facebook the Dykman family has a blog. I am always looking for new blog friends! I'm so happy for you and your new addition Patrick!!! Could he have been named after Patrick Collier? Just curious. He's absolutely darling.

An optimistic construct said...

Liz,
He is GORGEOUS! Oh, Congratulations! Yes, we do need to get together - I will actually be moving up to Kaysville in July (I will be interning in the Davis School District :). I would love to stop by and see this bundle of goodness :)
Jen is still in Washington, DC. Her brother was just married. I hear she is doing well :)
I miss you too and I am sooo happy for you and Matt! Enjoy! - Stac

Lanelle Barber said...

Congrats guys! He is perfect!

the binghams. said...

your kid is way freaking cute, congratulations!

padykman said...

We love you guys. We can't wait to see Pat again. Being a grandpa is great. Pat is a wonderful addition to the family.